Back   Home   List   Renamed   Disappeared   Rules   History   Messages   Forum   Pictures   Links   Guestbook   End

Brest Region Forum

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Re: Searching for former pow or forced laborers in Norway during ww2

Posted By: Sharon Klein
Date: January 7, 2004

In Response To: Searching for former pow or forced laborers in Norway during ww2 (Michael Stokke)

Sounds like an interesting project. I wish I could say I had information for you but instead I was hoping to take you up on your offer to search for an ancestor.

My grandfather had a cousin Gashon/Gershon SZNAJDER who lived in Brest-Litovsk and supposedly escaped from a Russian labor camp. According to the story, he met his future wife while traveling westward across Europe and her fluency in several languages is what got them safely from country to country until they caught a ship to the US. It would be nice to prove the story. He was Jewish if that makes a difference. He probably would have been born between 1910-1915 and the escape was probably in the early 1930s but I can't be sure.

Thanks for any help or tips on how I can get information.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Back   Home   List   Renamed   Disappeared   Rules   History   Messages   Forum   Pictures   Links   Guestbook   up