Back   Home   List   Renamed   Disappeared   Rules   History   Messages   Forum   Pictures   Links   Guestbook   End

Brest Region Forum

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Re: Where is FAUSTINOVO? (KIRSCHBAUM Family)

Posted By: Judy Gerwing <jgerwing@menova.com>
Date: February 1, 2005

In Response To: Where is FAUSTINOVO? (KIRSCHBAUM Family) (Christian Kirschbaum)

Hi Christian,

I am the daughter of Dorothea Schrader, whose maiden name was Dorothea Kirschbaum. My dad is Eldon Schrader. I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I am married to David Gerwing, and we have two children Joshua (7) and Jessica (5). Dave and I met you at the marriage of Chris Kirk in Ontario about 4 years ago or so. Chris is the son of Gerald and Marilyn Kirk.
I am interested in finding out more on the Kirschbaum family, as I would like to put something together for our family to have and pass on to our children and grandchildren. I would like to come to Germany too some day to meet relatives that we have there.

A very strange thing happened recently. My grandmother (Helene Neuman, originally married to Edward Kirschbaum) had a brother named Julius Kruger. Well, it turns out that one of my good friends here in Ottawa is the granddaughter of Julius. So her grandfather and my grandmother were brother and sister...that makes us 2nd or 3rd cousins !! I knew Julius well as he lived with my grandmother Helene for many years. My friend's maiden name is Sharon Schendel (her father is Barry Schendel). What a small world, especially in Canada where everyone is so spread out.

Please e-mail me so that we can reconnect...I don't even know is this e-mail still works for you as this web page looks like it is from 2002.

By for now,

Judy Feb 1, 2005

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Back   Home   List   Renamed   Disappeared   Rules   History   Messages   Forum   Pictures   Links   Guestbook   up