Back   Home   List   Renamed   Disappeared   Rules   History   Messages   Forum   Pictures   Links   Guestbook   End

Brest Region Forum

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Re: Ivan Lochaiuk / Teophila Zmitrowicz

Posted By: leslie whitehead <lwhiteh104@aol.com>
Date: August 2, 2005

In Response To: Re: Ivan Lochaiuk / Teophila Zmitrowicz (Karen)

Karen,

Thanks for the response and family info. I've had a problem getting on-line and back to this site. I too have seen your relatives as I go through the records. I'm sure my grandmother was related somehow because of the Dorgun connection but I still can't figure it out. I don't have much info to start with except for the definite connection with Zmitrowicz people in Youngstown, Ohio. I have found them in the census, etc. and am trying to work backwards to tie other people in. This is not easy work...that's for sure. I am tracking Jan Zmitrowicz, his wife Maria, and his brother Pawel who arrived here around 1910 and traveled to NJ and eventually Youngstown. Later Pawel's wife Polina and child arrived to join him. I guess I will just keep hunting for pieces of the puzzle. I did manage to find my grandfather's family in Belarus and visited with them for two weeks. I would like to return there hopefully when I find my grandmothers family. You said Dorgun is in Belarus now. I have not been able to find it on a map. Can you tell me where to look? Thanks for everything.

Leslie

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Back   Home   List   Renamed   Disappeared   Rules   History   Messages   Forum   Pictures   Links   Guestbook   up