Transliteration from Russian: Beryoza, tansliteration from Belorussian: Byaroza.
Name on Russian: Берёза.
Name on Belorussian: Бяроза.
Name on Latin Belorussian: Biaroza.
The village of Byaroza (meaning birch) was first mentioned in 1477 as part of the Slonim paviet. In the 15th century, the village probably received the town charter. Between 1538 and 1600 it was an important centre of Calvinism. Later the town became the private property of the Radziwi?? family.