Transliteration from Russian: Ivanovo, transliteration from Belorussian: Ivanava.
Name on Russian: Иваново.
Name on Belorussian: Іванава.
Name on Latin Belorussian: Ivanava.
The town of Ivanovo has been known since the 14th century as the village of Porkhovo. In the XV century, the village was renamed to the town of Yanov. In 1940, the town received the modern name of Ivanovo.