Transliteration from Russian: Kovalyovo, transliteration from Belorussian: Kavalyova.
Name on Russian: Ковалёво.
Name on Belorussian: Кавалёва.
Name on Latin Belorussian: Kavaliova.
Other possible spellings: Kovaliovo, Kovalevo.
The village of Kovalyovo does not exist at present time. The village merged to Brest in 1958.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the Russian military department bought the land of the village for the construction of the garrison barracks of the Brest Fortress here. Since 1940, the village of Kovalevo became the village where the military lived. The village was part of the Pugachevsky, and since 1954, the Gershonsky village council of the Brest region.